POLICIES & GENERAL CONDITIONS
|Bookings are taken through our home office in Torrance, CA or online at www.chinadiscoverytours.com.
- Deposit: A deposit of $300 per person is required at time of booking. Reservation
will automatically be cancelled if CDT does not receive the deposit within 7 days
after confirmation of reservation. Receipt of deposit confirms your reservation
and is applied toward final payment. Recommended Travel Insurance, which
includes medical cancellation, is available at time of booking for an additional
- Final Payments: Final payment for the balance of tour fare, applicable airport taxes and visa processing fees are due in our office no later than 90 prior to departure. Payment is accepted by credit card (Visa, MasterCard or American Express), up to 90 days before departure. Credit card will be used to charge the balance at the time of ticketing (approximately 90 days prior to departure date or before). If your payment is not received by the due date, the reservation will be subject to cancellation and the deposit will be forfeited.
|Revision and Cancellation Policy|
- Revisions: One revision is allowed free of charge after your reservation is confirmed based on availability. A revision fee of $50 per person will be added for any date or itinerary change within 90 days of departure and will be treated as a cancellation and new booking. Regular cancellation fees may apply.
- Postponement: Tours may be postponed up to 60 days before departure with written notice. Revision fees will apply, insurance amount will be forfeited and visa fees will be deducted if visas have been issued. Your balance will be kept with CDT and will be applied to any departure booked within one year from date of postponement. Balance will be considered forfeited if future travel is not booked within one year of postponement date. If airline tickets have already been issued, then airline cancellation penalties will apply.
- Cancellations: All cancellations will only be accepted upon receipt of written
notice. Tour postponements within 60 days of departure or tour cancellations will
be assessed as follows per person:
- A transaction fee of $150 per person will be charged for any purposes of cancellation.
- Cancellation penalties are strictly enforced and are as follows:
|60 Days or More
||$300 per person
||25% of total cost
||40% of total cost
||50% of total cost
|14 Days and Departure Day
||100% of total cost
- Travel Insurance does not cover cancellation fees accrued for
business class customers and customers with a returning flight from
Hong Kong and/or with domestic add-on air portion. If airline tickets
have already been issued, there will be an added airline cancellation
fee (see #6 below).
- In the event of cancellation, the Travel Insurance premium is non-refundable.
- The visa fees are non-refundable for any purpose of cancellation if
visa has been issued.
- Ticket Revision/Cancellation Fee: Once tickets are issued, a $350
per ticket revision/cancellation fee will apply to each ticket plus the
cost of express mail charges. This fee is subject to change. CDT
reserves the right to issue airline ticket immediately upon receipt of
|Tour Fare Includes|
- Prices quoted in this catalog include domestic airfare within China, Japan, Thailand, Korea or Vietnam and is also included as noted in itineraries.
- It is the responsibility of the travel agent/traveler to verify that the name shown on the invoice exactly matches the traveler's passport name. A revision fee of $100.00 per person will be charged if name must be changed within 75 days prior to tour departure date; changes are also subject to airline penalties. CDT is not responsible for any ticket reissue charges or denial of boarding by an airline due to name discrepancy.
- CDT reserves the right to change airlines used. All taxes, fees and surcharges associated with airline tickets vary by airline and are subject to change at any time during the year. Clients are responsible for any such extra charges should they occur. Hotels: Based on two adults sharing one room with two twin beds. Customers traveling alone are required to pay a single supplement and will be invoiced as such at time of booking. Please contact us for a hotel list. Hotels are subject to change without notice.
- Meals: Up to 3 meals a day are provided on tours as specified in itineraries. Meals will be served at hotels, local restaurants, or on board cruises or flights. Western style restaurants such as McDonald's and KFC are located in the bigger cities throughout China and Asia.
- Sightseeing: While the sightseeing program is specified in the itinerary, final itinerary may be modified as determined by the tour guides based on local circumstances beyond the control of CDT. Such circumstances include but are not limited to: weather, acts of God, dangers, incidents at sea, fire, break down in machinery or equipment, acts of government or authorities and wars. CDT will make every effort to follow the predetermined itinerary as accurately as possible.
- Tour Admissions/Entrance Fees: All entrance fees for programs or places mentioned in the itineraries in this catalog will be included unless otherwise stated.
- Tour Guides: All of our tours are conducted by professional English speaking guides who are there to ensure the safety and pleasantness of your trip.
- Airport Taxes: Government-imposed per-passenger air transportation taxes are separately identified and due upon final payment. Taxes are subject to adjustment due to government action and/or currency fluctuations and you will be responsible for any difference as of the final payment date.
|Tour Fare Does NOT Include|
- Visa Fees: CDT will be pleased to secure your China Visa for $230 per person for Southern California residents and $260 for Arizona residents. Vietnam Visa for $135 per person. Please mail original passport along with one (1) passport size (2" x 2") photo and completed visa application form to China Discovery Tours at least 60 days prior to departure. Visa fee is subject to change and is non-refundable once the visa is issued. If you are applying for your own visa, a copy of your passport and entry visa should be sent to China Discovery Tours. All document and tickets will be issued under your passport name. For those traveling to Japan or Thailand, US passport holders do not need a visa to enter these countries on our tours. CDT is not responsible when you are denied entrance for any reason at any foreign country, even if you have a valid passport and visa.
- Insurance: CDT highly recommends the purchase of the Travel Insurance offered
by Travelex. For more information, please visit
- Add-on Airfare: Discounted airfare from your hometown to the international departure city can be arranged. We will take responsibility for changes that needs to be made so you don't have to worry about it.
- Tips: We recommend $10 per day per person to the guide and $5 per person per day to the driver. (Based on a 2-5 member tour.)
- Miscellaneous: In addition, CDT cannot be held responsible for charges levied by local state, federal or national government agencies, meals not mentioned in the catalog, deviation fees, any expenses due to delay or changes of schedule, overbooking of accommodations, default of any third parties, sickness, weather, strike, acts of God or terrorism, force majeure, acts of government's civil disturbances, war, quarantine, customs regulations, epidemics, criminal activity or any other causes beyond the control of CDT. Any personal charges such as excess baggage charges, phone bills, postage, laundry, drinks, etc., are the responsibility of the customer.
Unused Tour Features: Any unused tour feature, either on air transportation or for land arrangements are not refundable or exchangeable.
Tour Price: All tour prices are in US dollars and are based on tariffs and rates of currency exchanges in effect at time of printing. These rates are subject to change as deemed necessary and fair by CDT. When the total number of tour members is below 10 passengers, CDT reserves the right to cancel the tour, consolidate departure dates or increase price of tour. Currency surcharges, flight schedule changes which require additional nights and cost or increased airport taxes will result in assessment to each passenger.
Health: To provide the best possible experience of all travelers, CDT recommends that travelers be in good health. Please consult with your physician regarding your wellness and ability to travel long distances. CDT must be notified of any physical or mentally disability at time of reservation. Special arrangements or private groups for those with physical or mental disabilities can be arranged for an additional fee.
Baggage: Two pieces of checked baggage and one carry-on is allowed for US transpacific flight, Maximum weight/size for each checked bag is 50 lbs/62 inches (sum of three dimensions). One carry-on, not to exceed 45 inches (sum of three dimensions), is allowed. Within China and on Inter-Asia flights one piece of baggage not over 44lbs. is allowed. Additional baggage may result in extra fees. Baggage allowance differs for the transpacific and China/InterAsia section of your tour. Each airline baggage restriction varies and is subject to change at any time. Please call or check our website: www.chinadiscoverytours.com for the most up-to-date requirements.
Deviation Charge: A $150 charge per person will be assessed for any purpose of deviation from the tour. For a minimal additional fee, CDT will provide necessary transfers.
Travel Documents/Tickets: All travel documents will be sent to you approximately 2-3 weeks before departure via first class mail. Overnight delivery can be arranged for an additional cost. If you live in the Southern California area and would like to pick up your final packet, please let us know ahead of time. If we obtained your entry visa, your passport will also be included in this package.
Passports: All passports must be valid for at least 6 months post your return date in order to board an international flight If your passport does not meet this requirement, please apply for a new passport before obtaining any visas.
Last Minute Bookings:: Any customer booking a tour within 60 days of departure must provide final payment with personal check or money order within 7 days of reservation. Also please note that an additional fee of $100 will be added to the cost of your tour. Expedited visa fees can be arranged for a minimal additional fee, airfare increases may apply.
Child Fare: Children under 12 years old at time of departure pays 90% regular adult fare when rooming with two paying adults, without an extra bed. Children who are rooming with one adult at time of departure will be charged the regular adult fare.
Shopping: To meet your shopping needs, certain shopping stops during the tour have been arranged. Although CDT's tour directors will be happy to assist you with any shopping requirements, we do not take any responsibility for any items purchased at shops on the tours. Any after sales correspondences is between the customer and the shops.
The reservation and payment for any CDT tour shall be deemed to agree and gives their consent to these terms and conditions.
Prices and availability of tour packages in this brochure are limited, and at the time you
purchase your tour, prices may be higher. For current prices, please visit our website or call 866-99-CHINA (992-4462)
The United States Department of Transportation mandates that fuel surcharges be included in the advertised price of any tour package that includes airfare. However, it is a fact that airlines periodically change fuel surcharges amounts throughout the year at their sole discretion. As such, please keep in mind that China Discovery Tours has included fuel surcharges in this brochure based on the print date. (December 01, 2018). Being under deposit does not constitute a price guarantee.
You will be responsible for any price increases due to changes in fuel surcharges/taxes/fees unless you have paid in full for your tour package.
For the most up-to-date rates, please check our website www.chinadiscoverytours.com prior to booking.
Detailed Breakdown of Applicable Air Taxes & Fees
|Federal Taxes and Fees
|China Domestic Airport Taxes and Fee
||$22-$55 (for China only)
|September 11th Security Fee
|Thailand Taxes and Fees
|Vietnam Taxes and Fees
|Korea Taxes and Fees
||$8 (for 2 domestic flights)